Many of us want to travel the world, whether to close and familiar places or from home and much more exotic. The idea of plane tickets, hotel accommodation and food is nasty, but make sure there are many ways to travel around this beautiful world of ours on a budget and even ways to travel while making money. Wherever your destination (or your destinations) is there are many trade tricks that make being a global vagabond feasible and economical and economical.
While you can still travel on a budget (we’ll discuss that in the next section) some travelers prefer to travel while still earning income. Many hopeful travelers discard the idea of working to travel and work abroad due to a possible language barrier, but in most cases it is not the right scenario. There are many job opportunities where speaking English will benefit you and provide you with the extra income needed to explore the world.
- Au pair: We’ve all seen the job of an Au Pair in a movie or TV show. In literal translation, the French word Au Pair means one more set of hands. Ambitious travelers around the world can work as Au Pairs for families looking for extra help with their children and have a light job at home. An Au Pair is usually a university student and adult looking to travel the world and in return is associated with a host family that provides food and pension as well as a salary. There are several programs that can be found online that combine an Au Pair aspirant with families from all over the world. Many Au Pair programs offer the option of attending school / university while working with the option to travel even after the contract expires. Working as an Au Pair is a great opportunity for English speakers, as most host families are looking for a native English speaker to teach their children English. If the idea of an Au Pair sounds exciting, but also intimidating at the same time, be sure to check out the many resources available online that can help you in your search.
- Teach English abroad: As mentioned above, being a native English speaker can increase your chances of finding work abroad. Teaching English abroad is a great way to be able to travel and make an income. If you have decided that this is the route you want to take to travel and pay yourself, the first thing you need to do is decide your desired country and research the rules of the country to teach English. Some countries have different rules, regulations and requirements before they can teach English there. Some European countries even require it to join the European Union. Before embarking on the trip, it is essential to obtain a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certificate in the USA. Once the certificate is obtained, the TEFL program can also be taken in the desired country. It is important to take a TEFL class in the desired country so that you can meet classmates, learn the customs of the country and put yourself in a job after class. The most important thing to remember before embarking on such an important journey is to research, research, and then research a little more. It is important to know when is the peak hiring season, rules and laws and of course about the culture.
- Cruise ship: The idea of working on a cruise ship and traveling may seem fascinating and seductive, but it is hard work and many hours. Working on a cruise ship also means that you will have to live and coexist with your crew mates, which may or may not be an issue. There are several job options if you decide that working on a cruise is the route you want to take. Job options range from any child care service, restaurant work, bar work, maintenance, customer service and more. The variety of jobs makes it a great hub for those who want to work and travel, because there is literally something for everyone. Working on a cruise has many advantages and can be a great way to travel the world and meet new people, so remember that there will be a lot of competition, so do your research and make sure your resume stands out.
While there is the option to travel and work, there is also the option to travel on a budget. Believe it or not, you can travel the world on a very limited budget, as you may have to give up many luxuries that can travel.
- Hostels: Hostels are an ideal way to travel on a budget and meet new people. Wherever you go on your travel expedition, there is sure to be a hostel. Sure, some hostels are much nicer than others and some are for the brave, but there are options. This is where research comes in handy again. Before traveling, search for information about the hostels where you are staying, you can also find several online reviews of former guests. When you do your research, you will be able to see the room prices, whether you have a private room or a community room and how far away the hostel is from all the landmarks you want to see.
- CouchSurfing: The new budget travel craze is CouchSurfing. What can you ask CouchSurfing? CouchSurfing is a social networking platform that allows users to literally navigate from couch to couch to host homes. CouchSurfing is available in more than 10,000 cities worldwide and is free for users. CouchSurfing offers the traveler a place to stay with the host family, it also offers the “sofa couch” a different way to meet new people and new places. CouchSurfing is appealing to many people because they feel like they are getting an authentic travel experience from a local destination and save money.
- Food: Many travelers on an ambitious budget worry about food costs when traveling. The reality is that if done correctly, getting food can be extremely cheap and in many cases even free. Many restaurants / cafes across Europe practice throwing food at the end of the day. A good way to get free food is to visit family-owned food establishments before closing and ask if you can have the food they plan to throw away. In many cases, they will give you more food than you planned, so you will have food for days while you travel. Another option for getting low-cost meals is to buy at small farmers markets. Many agricultural markets in Europe and other parts of the world offer fresh fruits and vegetables at a ridiculously low price. Also watch out for fruit stalls on the side of the road. Staying in a hostel is another good way to save food, as there is likely to be a communal kitchen that you can use to prepare the food you bought at a low price or many hostels provide at least one meal at a time. day. its nightly price for the stay.
It may sound intimidating, but you can get and get a budget. You must first create a plan and develop your research from there. Seeing the world is a possibility and can also be a possibility with good drive, determination and hard work. It may take a while to get your final plan ready, but in the end it will be worth all the work when you look back at the people you met, the places you discovered, and the memories you made.